O. briareus

Your mom is great! It is interesting that the unnamed octopus seems to sense her timidity and that the dog knew something was not quite right.

Keep in mind that they can be really disruptive with the rock and we try to avoid contact if they are holding on to it.

So I had the camera handy today and she was being unusually active and curious, so I was able to get this video. Its about 3 and half minutes of her just moving around the tank with some hand grabbing at the end. :biggrin2:

Neal mentioned that Yeti was particularly social and wanted to play today at feeding time. He did not suggest that she was particularly aggressive, but wanted attention for an extended period of time. I wonder if weather or age (more likely I think) have an influence.

DSCN2208.jpg

DSCN2221.jpg

DSCN2228.jpg

DSCN2223.jpg

Some pictures from the last few days. I put one of those small containers some people put fiddlers into, and she went for it with nothing in there, so when I get some more fiddlers I will put them in there and see if I can get her to get them out. :biggrin2:

DSCN2269.jpg

DSCN2271.jpg

DSCN2266.jpg

DSCN2261.jpg

DSCN2259.jpg

DSCN2252.jpg

DSCN2251.jpg

DSCN2250.jpg

Rather than "trying to leave" the tank, I would say he was curious and decided outside the tank was not of much interest. That's a GOOD thing :biggrin2:

Wow, you take great pics!! I've just started looking at journals because I just got an O Briareus for the first time. Will definitely be following this one! :smile:

I haven't seen her out in quite awhile, but I can find her easily because her den is fairly visible if you know where to look. I put a shrimp in the tank the other day and she looked at it, but never made an attempt to catch it that I saw. Not sure how much time I have left. :hmm:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back