O. Briareus [Olaf]

Green_Tree

O. vulgaris
Registered
As unfortunate a case as it may be, it may not be an issue. When I was just getting glimpses of him he looked well. But after arriving home from school today im not sure. This is the third day in the tank and he is sitting on the wall.. did not even react that i saw when i walked in.

This is the sight that greeted me as i walked through my door.
PICT0158.jpg
PICT0157.jpg
PICT0156.jpg

At this point my hopes are not high. If anyone has any suggestions at all i would gladly take them.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Unfortunately, I agree with your observation. The fact that he is in front of the return makes me think the ink may have coated his gills. Making sure you have lots of air exchange is all I can suggest but I am not optimistic.

When Isis escaped she looked kinda like that for a bit... I turned off the lights and covered the tank with a blanket to ease her stress... It helped a lot I think. You might try it. As far as O2 in the water, if you dont have one some of us use airstones in our sumps to help with the gases... D could better explain how it all works though.

Green_Tree

O. vulgaris
Registered
Well as i thought he was on the way to the end. I was about to quarantine my serpent star for attacking the octopus (which i found odd) and in the process discovered that the starfish was only scavenging. RIP Olaf.

NO NO NO!
:goodbye: Little Olaf
The hole ordeal must have just been too much for the poor little fellow.
I am so sad for you. It's never easy to deal with, even if you've only had them for a few days, you get attached quickly. :sad:

Latest Posts