• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

NRCC

rlt225

Hatchling
Registered
I have been trying to contact the NRCC about buying an octopus (bimac), but I have been unable to reach anyone who even knows what I'm talking about! I called the number on their website, and a woman answered who told me the NRCC isn't affiliated with the University any more, and she doesn't know how to contact them. Does anyone have any idea how to get ahold of the NRCC? Or, does anyone know of another place on the West coast that can ship an octopus to Seattle?

The NRCC is no longer affiliated with the University of Texas. It's recently moved to Moody Gardens and here is the new website, the page about cephs for sale:
http://www.cephalopod.org/LiveAnimRes.cfm

Unfortunately, the old website is still online.

However, they do not sell to the general public:
"...we can supply live squids, cuttlefishes, octopuses and chambered Nautilus ONLY to bona-fide researchers officially affiliated with either Public or Private Institutions of Education or Research, educators and teachers at any level via their affiliated institution and Public Aquariums fulfilling their charters for public education. Regrettably, we cannot provide animals to the private sector targeting the home aquarium market."

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back