NRCC

When Graduate highschool I want to work at the National Research Center for Cephalopods. I'd also love to join Jennifer Mather and James Wood in Bonaire with their research on the complex language of Caribbean Reef Squid. I was wondering if there is a college or university in the NRCC. Or anywhere near there. If not can someone suggest a college that would be beneficial about learning about cephalopods. What degree do you need to get into the NRCC. Is there any special classes or training that would help me get into the NRCC.

Yea, i would also love to work there when i graduate. I still have a few years of high school ahead of me, but it would be a good idea to start looking for colleges. Do they have summer internship programs or something similar?

There are about 12-15 interns that work here and also attend the local university, Texas A&M University at Galveston. Most are pursuing a Marine Biology degree. I am not sure what type of programs the NRCC offers when it comes to summer internship.

If you would like to contact the Lab Manager please send me a private message or email and I can get you in touch with her. I do not feel comfortable giving out her email address over a forum. As I type this, the NRCC is moving to a new location so a reply may take longer than normal so do not fret.

You may just have to learn about cephalopods on your own while pursuing a BS as I do not believe that BS degrees focus on any one subject matter that specific. I recommend taking invertebrate courses and animal behavior courses to get your feet wet. Most of what I learned about cephalopods came from the five years I have been working at the NRCC coupled with constant reading and reading and more reading.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me and I may be able to answer them or forward the questions to someone who can.

Greg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back