• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

NRCC closing down

Most likely this is true, since they lost their grant some time ago and were looking for an alternative way to exist. They don't answer their phones or respond to email. Does anyone have any more information about the NRCC's status?

Nancy

Nothing but more of the rumor mill. I am in the middle of a study with them, but it looks like their population and data will not be forthcoming. Very sad that it indeed seems they are going away.

Well, let's not count them out until we hear for sure.

It's very strange, because there seems to be no other source for cephs for education and research. The NRCC has been providing cephs for many years, and some good research came out of there, too.

Nancy

That has been up since before the beginning of the thread. The would not sell to the public but I believe they are totally closed now and the website has just not been closed down.

I actually talked to a guy there last week, I didnt know they were closing and I was looking to volunteer. He told me that they were closing until they could find more money. They lost there funding right after IKE so they have been hanging on for a while. Now I do know that he said IKE messed up a lot of places down there though he didnt say if the NRCC was one of them. He kind of implyed that IKE was at least part of the reason they pulled the funding. He was pretty unhappy about it but thats all I know.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back