[NOTICE]: TONMO.com overhaul

Tony: Good luck - I have done a number of these and they can be a pain.

Can I ask what the new forum software is and why you needed to mvoe from phpBB2? I like to keep abreast of such things :wink:

I know with the current Santy worm that phpBB's ubiquity is causing it problems and I am aware of some concerns about it.

No need to answer this until you are out the other side :wink:

Emps

"If you find my missing hair, please drop in mail and send to TONMO.com, Pennsylvania, USA. "

Would a large tarantula do? Or perhaps I could mail you our cat...I wouldn't miss it at all !!
greg

Heads-up:

To help make things smoother this time around, I'm going to need to shut down the forums while I do the change-over. I will strive to keep this as brief as possible (couple/few hours). Ideally I'll get started today/tonight. When it comes back up, it won't be in a prime state, but it will be complete with all data and the core community components will be functionally sound.

Well, that is that. Now for the tweaking! Post any and all comments here, don't be shy, there's much work to be done. Chances are I might already be on it, but it can't hurt to post your observations here so I can get them addressed.

Note that anyone using non-custom avatars had them carried over dynamically -- but all custom avatars and attachments were not carried over, I'm sorry to confirm.

Next on my to-do list is to configure TONMO.com Supporters, Moderators and Special Contributors with access to the Supporter's Forum. I need to establish those usergroups first.

How do you like the Quick Reply function? :cool2:

Wow!!! How did I miss this???? I logged on and WOW!!!!! Up and running!!!! Are there supposed to be pics in the posts? I just get a little box! Anyway looks great Tony!!!!!

Carol :glass:

Hey Carol, thanks! What do you mean by a "little box"? Where in the posts do you expect to see pics? Do you mean you're getting a "red X", missing image error?

Here's an attachment test...

Attachments

• conv_287392.jpg
    conv_287392.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 57
Hey Tony!

Yes! That's what was there but looks like you fixed it! I am in awe of the work you have put into this!!! Coming together quite nicely!!!

Any chance we could have more posts per page Tony? The site looks like its doing great! CAn't believe you mnaged to transfer all the smilies... even a couple of new ones too :biggrin2:

.... a quick reply and an advanced reply?
(this was an 'advanced reply')

Hmmmmm .....

Got new smilies on the advanced jobby (and you can use one of these 'icon' thingies). What's the difference between an 'icon' and a 'smilie'. Have to post one to find out.

Hmmmmm. Icon thingie goes at the top of the post - a 'cool' icon; the smilie icon goes :cool2:

Not quite ready to jump on in yet .... There's all sorts of things around that will probably detonate if I click them; namely: 'guided mode, enhanced mode, close current tag, close all tags', and strange new symbols that will confuse me until I take the plunge. What's a tag? Who's gonna guide me? A dog?

Why are Phil's post so stretched out ... and his details scrunched up into a wee panel on the LHS?

I need a drink ... and I haven't done anything all day :bonk:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back