[NOTICE]: TONMO.com overhaul

OK, here are two problems I have not yet been able to overcome, despite more hours than you'd care to know in effort:

1) Avatars not associating properly with users

2) Attachments not associating properly with posts :-(

The good news with attachments is that they DO show up in cases where there was a note that had the attachment linked to from within the post using the IMG tag (to make it show up on the page).

If you have some "classic" posts with attachments and you want them to be preserved, you can help me out by going to your post, clicking on your photo attachment, copying (CTRL-c) the URL for the image, and then editing your post, and pasting (CTRL-v) the URL in your post, and wrapping the IMG and /IMG tags around it (in brackets [] ).

For avatars, I'm afraid we're all going to have to select new ones once the new site is finally ready...

:heee: ........ :oops:

Folks,

We'll be making the cut-over sooner than later, most notably because I'm not going to do another import of users --- so anyone who is joining TONMO.com at this point won't make it to the other side, until I get the other system running.

...I intend to do another update of posts/threads so that we don't miss any discussions.

While the changeover may happen soon, the tweaking / enhancements to the site experience will continue.

You may have noticed the "query failed" message on the homepage, not sure if that can be fixed, or whether we just cut over instead.

Re: the OCTO DB, I tried to get it going but was not successful. This shouldn't be *too* hard... but it is when you're not a developer... :bonk:

Thanks for hanging in, we'll get there!

Problem overnight, I had the site going fine (relatively so), but then it seems my hosting provider responded late to my earlier request for help, and while I slept half the database was obliterated...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Let's see what today brings!

Thanks Carol! Trying to restore an instance of the database from 1pm yesterday, fingers crossed...

Once we do that, then I have to re-do all the work I did yesterday from 1pm to 2:30am in order to get it functional again. :bonk: It should be a bit quicker than last time; it's easier the 2nd time around... not sooner than tomorrow, I'd imagine...
:sleeping:

Tony has forced me to do some housecleaning of my own, embedding all of those pictures in the body of the text (and there seem to be millions of them), and reducing a squillion oversized pictures so that they fit on the page (tsk tsk).

It's been a rewarding exercise (not finished yet by any stretch of the imagination). We sure have got up to quite a bit over the years, and there are so many things that I'd forgotten - this one from the Right-Honourable Regal-footed Sir Dr Ummm..... that deserves to be resurrected.

:wink:

download.php

:biggrin2: Thanks, I needed that!

Ladies and Gentlemen, all is lost. I have to START OVER. Pity me. This will take some time... and coffee...

:coffee:

/stupid Murphy's Law

OOOfff ! That is a hit, Tony... :cry: Don't stress too much...this is supposed to be your vacation time !!!!
greg

yes, make sure you have some time off!!!! 8)

Pit the 'peoples feet' thread is locked, cant embed those pics LOL

Steve O'Shea said:
this one from the Right-Honourable Regal-footed Sir Dr Ummm..... that deserves to be resurrected.

:wink:

that is worthy of a corner in the Tate ! visionary surrealism though lacking
any form of cubist self dogmaticistissismness !

gold star & bar to Sir Dr. Prof. Umm... DFC :notworth:

go Tony go !!
we're all behind you, egging like you've never been egged on before !
:shock: = Tony after 2 weeks in front of his 42" LCD TFT megamonitor

were's his hair gone ? we all ask in a sincere & sympathetic tone :lol:

Keef

spartacus said:
go Tony go !! we're all behind you, egging like you've never been egged on before ! :shock: = Tony after 2 weeks in front of his 42" LCD TFT megamonitor

were's his hair gone ? we all ask in a sincere & sympathetic tone :lol:

Keef

Right, here's me in front of the monitor non-stop...

[EDIT: had to delete these two images in an experiment]

If you find my missing hair, please drop in mail and send to TONMO.com, Pennsylvania, USA.

[EDIT: the experiment had a negative result :-/]

Let's try this:

download.php

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back