Not quite a lurker

krin

GPO
Registered
I have been around a while but I still consider myself a newbie!

Hello from Melbourne Australia. I'm here at work at the Cancer Council Victoria. I don't have squids - the closest thing I have is five goldfish in a bath tub in the front yard.

I'm a bit of a toy maker and have been trying to design a giant squid toy but so far they have just looked like a penis with tentacles. I need to turn the design upside down.

:roll:

I have some octopus things - charms, toys, bath plugs, etc.
Also did a small octopus/squid zine a while back.

Cheers, KRin

Hi Krin,

Cool! Good idea -- it's good to have some frame of reference for who's who, so this new forum isn't just for newbies.

An octopus/squid 'zine? Sounds interesting... was it for kids?

Hello, and welcome to the wonderful world of Tonmo...where we all talk ceph stuff! Hope you enjoy the ride! Send in some pics from your 'zine...we all love that stuff!
Good luck with the rotation of the "squ-enis" !!

Greg

Re: Not quite a lurker

krin said:
I'm a bit of a toy maker and have been trying to design a giant squid toy but so far they have just looked like a penis with tentacles. I need to turn the design upside down.

try taking a look at the fact sheet for some inspiration...and maybe try to flatten the fins a little... ive seen several plush squid that could be misinterpreted if the tentacles werent seen...

:cthulhu: :heart: :beer:

i hardly ever go shopping for anything...that way i almost always find what im looking for... :smile: however i do wander all over the place and have seen some shoddy workmanship.... some of them just beg for a 'squid in my pocket' joke....

:cthulhu: :heart: :beer:

Avast, Krin!

As it happens, I'm planning on scratch-building 1/8 scale models of the giant varieties of squid. (I cut my teeth scratch-building a 1/8 scale short-fin Mako shark, a few years back.)

How are you fabricating your GS toy? If you ever want to talk shop, just sing out.

Yours truly,

Clem

Hey Clem, do you have any pics of your mako??? Be sure to send in work-in-progress shots of the squid...fascinating!
Greg

Squid zine

If anyone wants a copy of my little squid zine, just drop me a PM with your postal address and I'll post you one. It's a little big a file to email.

KRin

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back