The Octopus News Magazine Online
TONMO: The Octopus News Magazine Online
=================================

ISSUE #162 -- * REVENGE OF THE CEPH *

======================
From The Editor's Desk
======================

Hi {name},

Apparently Issue #161, sent on 6/13/2004, was the "FINAL EDITION" of the TONMO.com weekly Newsletter. So, a dozen years later, I figure it's time to open it back up again :smile:. In its new incarnation, this will be a periodic newsletter (monthly at most), which I'll send out as warranted to highlight some key happenings on TONMO... a digest of sorts, for your busy cephy lives. We'll cover new / hot threads, breaking cephalopod news, new articles, images and videos, the next TONMOCON (tcon7 should be happening sometime in 2017), and anything else worth sharing. Future iterations may be in HTML for a richer experience :smile:

I'll say this again below, but since it's been a while, note that you are receiving this email in accordance with your contact preferences. If you would like to unsubscribe, login to your account and update your preferences accordingly:
https://www.tonmo.com/account/contact-details

===================
Community Spotlight
===================

Here's what's new on TONMO in the past month or so:

TONMOer polpessa has some questions about S. latimanus breeding... any insights?:
Questions: S latimanus breeding / life cycle

Fiskgeek1979 joined TONMO because he found cuttle eggs, and now they are thriving!:
[Cuttlefish Eggs]: - Officinalis Eggs Found in Garden

Staffer DWhatley has done a great job organizing the cephalopod news stories posted daily by our roving automated reporter, Octobot. Of particular interest of late are new revelations about cephalopods' ability to see in color.
Cephalopod News

Hank the Octopus has made quite the splash in Pixar's "Finding Dory," the follow-up to Finding Nemo. Here's a discussion thread posted before the movie was released:
"Finding Dory" octopus and squid

I uploaded a classic video from Richard Ross (Thales) to our gallery. It's from 2005, but since our last newsletter was sent in 2004, it's technically new, amirite?:
Flamboyant Cuttlefish, Metasepia pfefferi

There's so much more happening online in the TONMO.com community, come have a look for yourself:

====================
TONMO.com Membership
====================

Please join me in welcoming the newest registrants to the TONMO.com community:

Barry A
Cher Miles
Connor Gibbons
Fishgeek1979
Marcow
Mark Carnall
Mel Cheal
Octopus fan
Robert Winston
Stefan
storeowner
TedCameron123
twcoder
Wetankles

The full member list is available here:
https://www.tonmo.com/members/

See you online!

-----------------------------
Tony Morelli
Founder, Webmaster, TONMO.COM
( ( ( ( 0 ) ) ) )
The Octopus News Magazine Online
e: [email protected]
-----------------------------

You are receiving this email in accordance with your contact preferences. If you would like to unsubscribe, login to your account and update your preferences accordingly:
https://www.tonmo.com/account/contact-details