[News]: spawning Sepioteuthis lessoniana (with photos)

Nice, very nice indeed! One query I do have is whether that was in fact a male; I was completely unaware of bonding/pairing off in these squid in the wild, or any paternal role in egg deposition.

What we have here (growing in culture) is Sepioteuthis australis. I would love to release them one day and get comparable in situ images of the animals. The digital camera is still AWOL, so getting pictures of the 70-day-old squid online is a tad difficult at present, but they're certainly growing!

[News]: breeding Sepioteuthis lessoniana (without photos)

Professional diver sees squid conservation project reap fruit

Monday, August 20, 2007 - By Stephen Che, The China Post

For professional diver Kuo Tao-jen, helping conserve the Pacific reef squid Sepioteuthis lessoniana has been his second life.

Throughout the past ten years, Kuo has built bamboo rolls to provide a place for the squids to lay their eggs off the northeastern coast of Taiwan.

His efforts have reaped fruits, as an estimated one million Sepioteuthis squids have bred successfully since then.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back