[News]: Non-ceph aquatic news (was "in the news:")

Yes indeed, a very admirable sentiment.

It's easy for us to criticise any "eye for an eye" sentiment, but none of us, I hope, have had a relative killed by a wild animal. I'm not sure most people would be so objective and realistic.

Very sad and tragic story, but what a brilliant attitude from the father.

Clem: thx for the link. Mr. Peterson is noble. It is an extraordinary person who is able to be rational in the midst of unmitigated emotional pain, the kind that occurs when a parent loses a child.

Thom: thx for the link. IMHO a protest against fast food which includes the sacrafice of octupi is hypocritical at best; appalling at worst. But, I'm English.. So, don't get me started..lol jk ~a.f.

Phil said:
Yes indeed, a very admirable sentiment.

It's easy for us to criticise any "eye for an eye" sentiment, but none of us, I hope, have had a relative killed by a wild animal. I'm not sure most people would be so objective and realistic.

Very sad and tragic story, but what a brilliant attitude from the father.

I agree, having survived two "hits" I can sympathize 100%

the 1st was an unidentified insect, probably a cockchafer (spare the crude jokes, it's the Sabbath) hit me right between the eyes whilst I was steaming it on my Suzuki GT185 stroker, after 5 mins intensive care by the roadside & a roll-up I continued shaken but not stirred to the pub for plenty of sympathy & a Greene King IPA.

the 2nd was a blatant, full frontal attack that happened one frosty morning as I proceeded to work on my Honda (jumped camps, I've no shame) CB750 F2. The drake mallard jumped up straight in front of me,
so prior to impact I took a deep breath & deflected the assailant under the wheels of an oncoming artic. = duck mince !

Greg, it's been going on for years, 1st recognized in the Everglades gator population where plastics manufacturing effluent contains oestrogen mymics.
Plastic sales are far more important than peeps & our animal friends hence the lack of publicity. the result is an ever decreasing sperm count handed down over generations which is fine for humans as we are far too numerous but not on all other fauna, in my opinion anyway.

don't store fatty foods in plastic wrapping or containers or you'll turn Berty ! :bonk:

Keef

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back