[News]: Historic plan approved to save area fish - Oakland Tribune

chrono_war01;77685 said:
All we need now is for him to terminate bottom trawling too.

He pretty much has, within the areas that he has influence (he only has any control over California state politics): a google search shows this: http://www.fishsniffer.com/dbachere/041022trawlbill.html for example, although it appears to be a fisheries editorial, but environmental groups were applauding his signing the bill as well.

Arnold's leadership has been an iffy affair - not particularly pleasing right across the political landscape (he's made some blunders that have alienated folks on both sides) - but from an environmental standpoint he's been pretty good. Even supports returning the Hetch Hetchy Reservoir to it's original pristine condition - much to the horror of Dianne Feinstein.

erich orser;77722 said:
Arnold's leadership has been an iffy affair - not particularly pleasing right across the political landscape (he's made some blunders that have alienated folks on both sides) - but from an environmental standpoint he's been pretty good. Even supports returning the Hetch Hetchy Reservoir to it's original pristine condition - much to the horror of Dianne Feinstein.

Ick. I didn't need another reason to hate Dianne Feinstein, but I guess I have yet another, even though I feel obligated to vote for her in November because the national interest of party balance in the Senate trumps my dislike of her personally. I hope I don't barf in the voting booth, though. As far as Arnold is concerned, "iffy" is a pretty good description, but I'm pleased that he seems to be making an effort to allow input from both sides of the spectrum, and even act on things that go against the national Republican platform... that's probably mandatory to survive in California politics, but still, it's nice to see. I could conceivably vote for him next time around... and he's the first Governor from either party that I've been able to say that about since I was old enough to vote.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back