[News]: Giant Squid Deaths Puzzle Scientists

Clem said:
Hmmm.

Just found a strange little film of the Biarritz Architeuthis. It's a black-and-white video of the squid lying in it's sarcophagus, with a sound track of ambient hospital noise. Dead simple and slightly creepy.

Biarritz Architeuthis In Hospital

:goofysca:

wtf.gif

Roswell-like? what's the point? can't see a friggin' thing :x
Perfectly good footage ruined by "art"... *grumbles* *mumbles* :roll: :evil:

*shrugs* it's not like i don't have a giant squid next door :heee:

TPOTH

It looks like an outtake from Eraserhead. I liked the eerie sounds though; reminds me of my mother.

Oh Dear.............how's the Lit review coming Matt? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

J[/quote]

Ask me a question about orange roughy, any question... Go on, you know you want to :P

I've got the 1st draft back and am now very, very humble. Apparently I can make 12,000 words become 6,000. I figure if I take out all the letter e's that should shorten it a bit.

vwls r rvrytd :P

Jean said:
Matt Jones said:
I've got a video camera and I (don't) know how to use it.

Utter crap.

Oh Dear.............how's the Lit review coming Matt? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

J

I was being sarcastic. I don't own a video camera. To explain: The guy that shot the video has a video camera and doesn't know how to use it , neither do I, but then I don't have a video camera so it doesn't really matter. Photoshop is my chosen medium for artistic expression - see my website.

[qoute]Oh - most Orange Roughy questions can be answered with either:
There aren't any anymore or We don't know[/quote]

If we stuck to the original name of 'slimehead' there would be no market and therefore no questions

myopsida said:
[qoute]Oh - most Orange Roughy questions can be answered with either:
There aren't any anymore or We don't know

If we stuck to the original name of 'slimehead' there would be no market and therefore no questions[/quote]

And no lit review

I would love for someone to translate this page .... it's been many many years (5 in fact) since this thread was posted on.

Thanks Damien

Steve, If you have a Google tool bar it offers a translator. I can make out the gist of it so the translator should mostly make sense.

This is what came out:

For the 1st time in France ... A Giant Squid (Giant Squid)

The monsters are for most of us, a mythical world, the exhibition "A giant squid in Biarritz" puts us in front of a reality ... their existence! The exhibition is produced by the Maritime Museum, in collaboration with CEPESMA and Isabel Guzman (biologist).

It allows:

- To see a true "giant squid" of the species Architeuthis duxThis young female of 2 years is 8 feet and weighs 104 kg. Stranded on the coast in Llanes Asturias September 20, 2001, she has probably lived in the pits "Tiberas tired" or "Carrandi '1,200 m deep.

- To learn through pictures explaining what little is known about this species, that is to say, it grew by nearly 1 cm per day, it is carnivorous and cannibalistic, that she is hunted by sperm whales, it lives at depths of over 400m, it has been found in several countries but in very small quantities and often in poor condition, etc. ...

- To achieve what is not known and remains mysterious to this rare species.

- See other species of large funds that are part of the Museum of the Sea

The Maritime Museum believes it is important that the public knows that these "sea monsters" that since the dawn of time rocking or haunt our minds, that these stories that we have done so much thrill, have a real basis.

Jules Verne "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea," Jules Michelet in "The Sea" by Victor Hugo and many others do not tell legends. These giants of the sea and are not from the imagination of their authors. The sailors in the taverns of related facts that eventually could be embellished.

It also requires that the public knows that we do not know any of the marine world and the Maritime Museum wishes to participate in improving the knowledge of the marine life.

Therefore, the Maritime Museum has invited many European scientists to participate in the autopsy that was done under the guidance of Dr. Angel Guerra del Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas and Luis Laria of CEPESMA. Other collection examined and studied by scientists in their respective specialties and research will improve knowledge of this species.

On sale at the shop: The giant squid and its cousins: A very interesting book to learn all about giant deep sea and its cousins (32 pages - Color - Size 16.5 x 23 cm - Price: 2 € 50).

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back