[News]: Coastal waters are awash in Humboldt squid - Daily Breeze

There were many, many news articles on this topic, but I refused to post them because they all proclaimed them to be "giant squid". Daily Breeze gets it right!

[News]: Jumbo squid rising from the inky depths - Los Angeles Times

Jumbo squid rising from the inky depths
[SIZE=-1]Los Angeles Times, CA - 2 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Tuesday, fishermen dropping lures intended for 10-pound barracuda instead latched onto 30- to 40-pound Humboldt squid. "I don't know if it's a coincidence ...[/SIZE]

More...

tonmo;95659 said:
There were many, many news articles on this topic, but I refused to post them because they all proclaimed them to be "giant squid". Daily Breeze gets it right!

Some day we'll show them the difference between giant and jumbo. And dumbo.

Toren, cute!

It has come to my attention that we should not be too hard on the media. When I started keeping salt tanks (THIS go round or as my father suggested last week, when I became a fanatic) no one coming to the house (family excepted since we have kept salt tanks during numerous phases of our hobby years) had the first clue. Most liked the colors but didn't even understand that the aqauariums contained saltwater. More recently (in the last year) several new inductees could actually name (or come close) some of the critters because of what they had ENJOYED on television. I found it significant that these people chose to watch, continued to seek out and enjoyed the current presentations about the ocean and its critters (and the need to protect it).

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back