[News]: Alien-like Squid Filmed at Ultra-Deep Oil-Drilling Site - National Geographi

octobot

Robotic Staff
Staff member
Robotic Staff
[News]: The Magnapinna Squid is One Crazy Looking Creature - CollegeOTR

The Magnapinna Squid is One Crazy Looking Creature
[SIZE=-1]CollegeOTR, NY - 20 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Thanks to a Shell oil company remotely operated vehicle at a deep drilling site, scientists have obtained a video of a badass rare squid called the ...[/SIZE]

More...

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I fear that to understand the above described "drinking like a squid" wine bias, one must assume the poor squid to surely have become an ailing administrator squid rather than a young research God squid, over time :wink:

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
PS: In the video, one can see that the arms are of unequal length in this particular case, one is a stub, two arms ( visible in shot 00:07/00:08) are clearly longer. Tentacles? I doubt it, but I think the squid suffers predation and so sometimes arms get chewed off by whatever is eating these beautiful (indeed, Kat) creatures.

baldtankman

Wonderpus
Registered
Beautiful indeed, but clearly an underachiever on the exercise front. Does slightly remind me of the drunk from wizard of ID..

Architeuthoceras

Architeuthis
Staff member
Could those arms possibly be like Nautilus arms? It looks kinda like a sheath holding some inner arms that dangle below.

The words hideous and ugly have no meaning in the world of Cephalopods, please just disregard that report. :wink:

baldtankman

Wonderpus
Registered
A appointment with Vinoman!

Attachments

• conv_293476.gif
    conv_293476.gif
    36.6 KB · Views: 75