Newish to the hobby.

Just wanted to introduce myself. Been keeping some very nice reef tanks for several years now and decided to try a dedicated octo tank. About 2 years back I was approached by a LFS owner and he mentioned that we might consider keeping some blue rings together. They were on the list at the time. We both bought 2 20g tanks and set them up. Alas after a year of reading and waiting they never arrived. On a trip to the coast I caught several sargassum frogfish and decided to keep them in the well cycled "octo" tanks. Another year later I moved and sold the twin 20's. Recently I was contacted by another LFS owner that knew I'd made an attempt previously and informed me that it was a go this time if I'd like to try again. I jumped all over it buying an Oceanic 8g biocube and sealing it off completely with acrylic, added 12 pounds of black sand aragonite mix, some live rock, zoanthids and waited patiently for my new addition. A few weeks later it arrived and it's now been several weeks of peering into a tiny speck of a hole to check on my occupants health do to the "no touch" tank set up.

Tell me which forum would be best to upload pics and an outline of the tank and I'll try to be quick about it.

Not only do I keep salt tanks but until recently I kept the rarest L number plecos including a couple of blue eyed panaques.

Also a vintage motorcycle nut and rally supporter www.harvestclassic.org . If you love vintage small displacement 2 strokes shout em out.

Mike.

Hey Hamp they finally let me post.

:welcome: to TONMO. Tank pictures and such are best suited to the "Tank Talk" forum, and please keep blue-ring related posts to the "Exotics" section.

Is the "finally let me post" because your first try was flagged as spam? We've had some strange problems with the spam filter this week, and I'm wondering if it decided the motorcycle link was a problem...

Thanks Monty. The "finally" was because I never received an "email confirmation to activate my account", nor any responses to the 3 messages I sent to the Admin over a week about not being able to activate the account. I just decided to check back again today.

caferacermike;129576 said:
Thanks Monty. The "finally" was because I never received an "email confirmation to activate my account", nor any responses to the 3 messages I sent to the Admin over a week about not being able to activate the account. I just decided to check back again today.

That's weird... glad you were able to get on now, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back