• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

newbie needing some help

Haha thats great! Its funny how easily you can get sucked into this "hobby" for lack of a better word. It takes over so quickly and the creativity/possibilities are endless. Thats what makes it great tho! :razz:

Once I have more money to spend on them, and a place of my own i'm sure they'll be all over my house also. lol not affraid to admit it.

For now, I spent about 2 hours in the garage last night custom cutting a piece of plexiglass for the 24ap. 2 frozen hands, and countless trips back and forth to the tank later I finally had my cover. fits very nicely, just need to find some way to block access to the overflow compartments in the nano, and a proper way to secure it aside from massive quantities of duct tape. Ideas please?! :bonk:

Without being clear on how you are arranging your top, I don't know if our solution will be helpful but we are using several acrylic hasp type latches to secure our top and an inexpensive acrylic hinge for ease of access. See if anything here is useful:

http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/category.php?bid=12&PHPSESSID=20080301215735917747924

We found that the two-sided automotive tape is enough to attach them if you don't want to use the acrylic cement.

One word of warning. We had to set the latch lower than flush because the hasp part is not tight (about 1/4" play) unless the latch is angled. They also have some acrylic tubing that might work as the lock but I ordered the wrong size (way too small) and am using bamboo skewers at the moment :oops:

Also,the hasp part works pretty well as a handle when you need to lift the cover off.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back