New

Hi! I have a 24 gal reef for about 3 years now and I want something really cool. My friend is giving me his 55 gal tank with stand for free and I plan on setting up an octo tank! I really have no idea what to do and woyuld love your guys experties also what would be a good octo for that size of tank. Thank you very much!

:welcome: to the site.

First off is to read everything (and i mean everything) you can about keeping cephalopods. TONMO is a great place to start. You should also check out some of the great books on the topic (Nancy and Colin can help there) as well as researching as much as you can on whatever species you're interseted in.

Welcome to the right place. Daddysquoc pretty much summed it up. If you read through the threads and articles on this website there won't be too many unanswered questions.

:welcome: make sure you're friends tank has never had copper in it (meds etc) even the tiniest trace (ie too small for copper test kits to pick up) is fatal for octopus. Once it's in the tank it's in there for good.

J

good point jean. :smile:

and also, you should realize there are very few suitable tankmates for an octopus. its pretty much limited to a few of the smaller echinoderms

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back