• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

New Zebra O. chierchiae (now trying breeding!)

I was able to lure her out of her barnacle the other day and saw what I thought to be fertile eggs.

Today I found two of these in the cube adjacent to the brooding female :biggrin2: They are tiny, less than a 1/4 inch and apparently can easily slip through the mesh I used to divide the cube, so they are in their own deli containers floating in a cube, and I change the water every few hours.

very interesting pattern of chromatophores(?)-- it doesn't look much like the adult pattern. Please keep the pics coming so we can see how the pattern changes as they grow!

and of course :welcome: :octopus:

dsc_9489_occy_dime_baby_801.jpg

Neogonodactylus;120353 said:
Good Grief! I hope that the octopus is not in contact with the dime or that the water is in contact with the dime! Dimes are over 90% copper!

Roy

Yep...the dime is UNDER the container the octopus is in.

Found another baby tonight. :biggrin2:

I am keeping them in plastic containers from Tap Plastics. I dremel out two holes on opposite sides and then super glue net from a net breeder in place. Then, I pop a hole in the lid and glue a piece of rigid tubing in place. The containers then go in a tank and are fed via an aqualifter and plastic gang valve, and the containers simply overflow into the tank. If I get a lot of babies, I'll feed the containers with a small power head and a manifold.

dsc_9493_babyoccyhouse_667.jpg

dsc_9495_babyoccyhouseinpla_821.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back