• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

new to this game

was talking to Keith tonight from Aqualogistix and they forgot to pay the domain subscription so the site is down just now but will be back soon... he doesnt have any cuttles right now anyway. Its www.aqualogistix.co.uk

Re sand eels, i said i wouldnt rely on them, just mean that there may be reasons why the cuttles dont like them, maybe they taste nasty to cuttles or are bad for escaping like most eels or whatever, they might be fine but was just a cautious note... I have not heard of people using them before... worth a try but make sure you can supply lots of other things too :smile:

if you mean a pic of shrimp look here... http://www.marlin.ac.uk/species/Crangoncrangon.htm

i keep them on a bed of 1cm fine play sand from B&Q with some crushed coral to keep the pH up and about 10kg of live rock.

they eat flake food and seem to do well with high water movement. You catch them at low tide in ponds left after the tide goes out on a sandy beach near where a river enters the sea.

heres a pic of my feeder tank too

dont keep crabs with shrimps... they'll scran them!!! :smile:

cheers

Attachments

• conv_288549.jpg
    conv_288549.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 63
cheers colin at least now i know what im looking for when i go and get the live food i like the feeder tank too gives me some ideas thanks for all the info im definatly going to keep them hopefully in the new year (probably mid summer) so ill let you know how im getting on cheers mate il be popping in know and again so keep an eye out for me

cheers once again i really appreciate it

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back