• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

New to the forums...

luevelvet

Hatchling
Registered
Hey everyone.

New to the forums but definitely not new to reef aquariums. I've been maintaining reef aquariums for 15 years, having had a great deal of success in rearing many animals in that time. I still own my first anemone, going on 14 years now, along with my 14 year old female A. Frenatus. Within the last year or so I acquired a small male for her and since then they've been supplying the tank with a batch of eggs every two weeks.

I recently upgraded my 65gal reef to a 120gal to give them and every one else a bit more room. Since we haven't been able to sell the empty 65 and based on the fact that my lady friend love's squids and cuttlefish, I decided to convert it into a species environment for a cuttlefish or an octopus to go in her sewing room. Not sure which would be more ideal for that particular aquarium, but I'm leaning more towards a cuttlefish.

Either way, it should be interesting!

Thanks for hosting what seems to be an informative and friendly forum. I hope to learn as much as I can and perhaps give back to the community soon.

Now, to find a local source for eggs or hatchlings near Orlando....

Luis

Welcome to Tonmo ! Cuttlefish certainly are a growing aquarium trade animal group, and a number of our members provide captive bred little ones...the best way to go.

Greg

Thanks. I've been following the captive care experiences of cuttlefish for a few years now and with the progress that's been made in reef aquarium care, cuttles have certainly grown in popularlity! I've been known to have luck with animals that not many people have had good luck with at all, so I think I'm ready.

I'd like to find someone local to Central Florida so I won't have to deal with shipping but we'll see what I can find.

Thanks again!

Luis

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back