• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

New to the Forum- Need a few tips and some questions answered :)

LiLiTwitters

Hatchling
Registered
Hi everyone! My name is LiLi, and I just joined Tonmo today. Octopodes have always been my favorite animals, but I had no idea that people had them as pets! I would really enjoy having my own octopus, but if I'm going to do it, I want to make sure I do it right. I have just a few questions right now, but I'm sure I will have more later haha

First off, I'm reading all about tanks and things like that right now, but I would really like to know if there are any breeds of octopus that are better for a first time octopus owner? Also, WHERE do you get your octo? I've looked at many different places, but I'm not sure I really want to have my octopus shipped to me from somewhere.. Has this ever been an issue for any of you?

Please please please, if you have any information you think I should read or see, let me know! I want to make sure I do this right. :biggrin2:

To get you started look at the top of the Octopus Care forum for the stickies (threads that will always be at the top) entitled List of Our Octopuses 20xx. Opening a list will show you the species, forum member, animal name if given and a journal begin date (as well as a reference to the supplier if known). The species and animal name is a link to the thread about the animal. Using the lists, you can learn about the most commonly kept animals and their requirements.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back