• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

New to Cuttlefish, need help!

JakeA

Hatchling
Registered
So I just bought a used 120gal rr tank off criagslist. It has a 40gal sump with refugium. I was planing a FOWLR tank for a long time, but came across the article on RC and just had to find out more. I thought of ordering some of these guys about 5 years ago. I was working at a LFS and they were available from one of our regular suppliers, but I could not find any info on them so just passed them up. I saw the article and said to myself, I might just use this new tank for some cuttlefish!

First off, where could I order them online. The article suggested getting eggs, where could i find those? My idea for the tank is to have the nursery in the sump. I can adjust the water flow to however much I want, and I could hang net breeders over the edge. I was planing on a deep sand bed and macroalge in there, but from the sounds of it that would make a great area for the baby cuttlefish. The main tank could house up to 10 I believe. I still need a skimmer, but could buy one rated for a larger tank. I am going to read up on some old posts here in the next few days so let me know what you think!

I work nights and just got off work so I got to get some sleep, but I will be here sometime later this afternoon or tonight.

Welcome to TONMO. The first thing you want to do is confirm that there was never any copper treatment used in the tank as even less than trace amounts are fatal.

Right now, the best place to find them online is here. Occasionally www.seacrop.com gets batches of eggs.

Just hang around and gather all the info you can. It might be a while.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back