• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

New tank, hopefully

I am a first time tank owner. I hope to one day be able to get a sepiolid, perhaps the bobtail squid, but not yet. I am working myself up to a sepiolid but am just trying to get a marine tank right now. How much does it cost to maintain a 50 gal tank? What should I put in it? Any information from a current or previous owner is greatly appreciated. Also any of those little owner tips would be AWESOME!

Rachel

Hi Rachibelle,

It's hard to give you a clear answer about the cost of maintaining a tank, because it depends on choices you've made. If you buy your RO/DI water and mix your own salt water, I'd say that tank maintenance would be a couple of dollars/week.

As for tips, the best thing is to read the Ceph Care Articles and skim through the past postings - you'll find many!

Hope this helps,

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back