• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

NEW Octopus tank

Goodwin9

Blue Ring
Registered
My new tank finally arrived yesterday and we have finished setting it up. I thought that I would share a few pictures before we began the task of filling it up and doing a leak check. Tank is 48X36X28 (about 200 gallons). Sump/refugium is 45 gallons. The filtration includes a chemical, mechanical, UV, skimmer & sand filter. Chiller is located behind the canisters.

The first picture shows the setup minus the lights.

Second photo is the filtration system located below the tank.

Third picture is one of the two locking lids on the tank.

This should make a nice home for my octopus which has been living in one of my refugiums for the past month and a half.

Attachments

• conv_302733.jpg
    conv_302733.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 66
  • conv_302734.jpg
    conv_302734.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 64
  • conv_302735.jpg
    conv_302735.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 71
Nice tank. Looks like it will be a good octo home, and you even have a chiller.

I assume you bought the whole system rather than the individual parts. Who manufactures this tank set up?

Nancy

Nancy;79646 said:
Nice tank. Looks like it will be a good octo home, and you even have a chiller.

I assume you bought the whole system rather than the individual parts. Who manufactures this tank set up?

Nancy

The tank & stand were manufactured by The Aquarium Company in Minnesota. He has built a number of tanks for me and has always done an excellent job. I specked out the equipment list and I got the items he couldn't get and had them shipped to him so that he could plumb the entire system at the factory rather than in my office.

The metal stand was built in 2 parts to be able to fit through the doorway. The stand is 44" tall so that it puts the tank at a very good viewing level.

My other tanks have all had wood cabinetry built for them, but this one I wanted to show what makes it all work.

The other neat feature I had built for the tank is a removeable divider so that CRUSH (my octopus), could be on one side and I could use the other for cuttlefish if I could ever find a place to buy them from.

I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. The tank divider was enough to keep Marcus from paying a visit to Crush on his side of the tank. They were both on their respective sides last night at feeding time, but this morning, I see that Marcus paid a visit. Have been watching them a while and it seem like they are just embracing. Will watch a little longer before I try and figure out who belongs on which side of the tank. Maybe they will get along?

dsc_0003_edited.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back