[Octopus]: New octopus, species unknown

Thinking that Denise is right about as the octopus has not shown any growth yet. That said, it rarely if ever hides, choosing the glass or the top of the rock more often than not and hiding mostly at night.

On the feeding front, it has mowed down most of the hermit crabs and has eaten some fiddler crabs as well, although it seemingly does not like those. I ordered a bunch of fiddlers but most of them died after getting them and the octo did not seem to like them much at all. After pouncing on the first it seemed to avoid them until it was hungry enough, often leaving them for a couple of days. These are all dead now so won't be getting more considering it doesn't seem to like them and I had such a hard time keeping them alive (except the ones I threw in my lionfish tank, several of which are still alive).

Stick feeding frozen seafood, however, is a big hit. The second anything hits the water, the octopus goes crazy, turning a deep black, and grabs the stick. It has eaten more krill, chunks of shrimp, and pieces of scallop. I will continue with a variety and if I can find the emerald crabs that escaped my holding container I will toss those in there, too.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back