New Octo for me too.

i tried to catch them today for 2 hours. i only got 1 but he was the biggest one. my damsels will not bite me. there not agressive. there actually very shy. but now there are only 3 damsels in the tank so i hope that will bring out my octo even more. let me know what you guys think.

thanx
greg

3000gtman, you keep asking us to let you know. I think the general consensus is that the damsels may not appear to be aggressive or dangerous to you until you notice one rip an eyeball out of your poor octo's head. Saying that he comes from the ocean and will therefore be able to fend for himself is taking a huge risk for your octo (or at least his eyesight.) You can trap the damsels without disturbing the tank too much (if at all.) It takes a little research, a little money, and a little patience. Get or build a fish trap. That is what I think.

As far as a Jebidiah ubdate.....

I added a really nice set of moonlights to the tank 2 days ago that really lets me see what is going on at night. I would recommend them.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7702694065&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Jebidiah has been feasting on fiddlers and a frozen shrimp and I added 2 shore shrimp to the tank (one of which has disappeared.) I do believe that he doesn't feel the need to interact quite so much with a stuffed belly due to the fact that he hid a little more than normal yesterday.

I am charging the battery on my tiny digital camcorder in the hopes of catching him in the act of some shenanigans. I can not express how delighted I am with this little guy. Briareus are supposed to hatch in January or February, which makes him about 6-7 months old. I thought I heard that they live for about a year and a half to two years. Does this seem about right? Thanks all!!!

i do have a fish trap. the damsels are too smart to go in there. i have tried 3 different methods to get them. it is just gonna take time ot get them all out. i already have moonlights on my tank. i have 2 actually. thats when waldo (my octo) always is active at night. from 45- an hour and 15 minutes for him to get out once i put the moon lights on. then he will stay out for 4-10 hours at a time. he has come out a few times with the lights on but only for a half hour. there are 50 hermits and about 30 snails in there so im sure he is always well fed. last night i watched him pounce on 2 snails. could that be a factor he is so well fed he dosent wanna bne out all the time to hunt.
thanx greg

yesterday waldo was out for 2 or 3 hours with the lights on. he even touched my hand and played around 2 times. also he took a big snail from my hand and ate it. so i guess he is getting used to me. he loved the attention and was doing some crazy color changes.
so i can tell he is happy.
greg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back