• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

New Member with an ID Question

Ok,

I would love some more pictures, but a few more questions for you...

Does it have any color patterns? Like a bar between its eyes, or other spots.

My two thoughts (although I am NOT an ID expert...)
O. joubini or O. burryi

Good luck, when I have a bit more time, I will do some more research. I too remember there is a species that sits with its tentacles curled up over its head.

It is hard to tell. I don't see brown stripes on its arms. Maybe small white spots. Here is another pic. I'll keep trying though

Attachments

• conv_289266.png
    conv_289266.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 54
Looks like a striking difference in arm pair sizes for 1 and 2, in combination with fairly insignificant webbing, what does that tell us? Do you have manual focus on your camera, or is it a compact digital of the point and shoot variety?

You would think working for a design firm I would be able to answer that question...... In fairness to me, I am the marketing & sales guy. The camera is a Canon Powershot SD30 Digital ELPH. If I had to guess, it auto focuses. I can zoom only two different frames (assuming I know what I am doing which I don't). I'll keep trying to take pictures. Hopefully one will come in clear!

I looked up your camera and you have a good one.

Assuming that the tank glass is clean (you've scraped off the algae), I would guess you're having a problem with focus. You might go back and read that part of your manual. You might try putting your camera on macro and pressing the lens up against the glass.

Nancy

I think it may be a red octopus too after looking at some pics. Here is a couple more.

Attachments

• conv_289283.jpg
    conv_289283.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 81
  • conv_289284.jpg
    conv_289284.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 74

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back