• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

New Little Bimac

Actually, Gidget game from University of Texas, the manager in my fish store has extensive contacts all over so the store gets the best deals, on everything. That's how I was able to get it so young.

At the store we fed her blue leg hermits. We though three in at a time, and three more in every time she ate those.

Hi,

If your octo comes from the U of T, that explains why you don't have baby clams! - (I've even visited those little bimacs from which your Gidget comes.)

It's just that when an ocotpus is not eating, live food sometimes gets them interested, so why not try some more hermits?

Have you seen your little bimac out yet or has she taken any food you've put out recently?

Nancy

No to both, but I just boiled small glass bottle to put in the tank, like Cyrus suggested. I bet a blue leg will get her out, but I don't go to work until tommarrow.

Success! I threw in four blue leg hermits, a small snail, and one 3' red claw crab. Gidget tore through one blue leg and one snail almost as soon as they hit the water. She's now wrestling with the large crab, sans claws. Amazing! This made the whole worrisome week worthwhile. She looked in perfect health.

Glad it turned out OK for Gidget - keep those crabs coming! Then you can slowly introduce non-live food. But it's always good to give your octo some live food, even when its older.

So I hope you'll be seeing a bit more of Gidget, too.

Nancy

sometimes it will be but not always an as they live in the tidal areas it will change all the time... in the home, a temp in the low 70s is ideal

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back