new lead on fiddlers....

raudy

Cuttlefish
Registered
Would anybody be interested in sandfleas from fla. ?
is there laws on shipping live animals?What would you ship them in?
my octopus loves to eat them i feed him sandfleas and beach crabs.

Thanks Jason

I don't know what the laws are exactly, however people do it all the time.
I will be certinely checking this out.
I've recieved live animals through the mail recently and they were in a cardboard box with an inflated plastic bag with styrofoam pellets with some water.
The outside of the box did'nt have any warnings or message that read "Live animals".
It was shipped from someone who most of us buy from and they all arrived intact and alive.

raudy

Cuttlefish
Registered
I'm willing to ship a batch to someone and see if they arrive alive. If interested send me an email at [email protected].
Jason

Kingdom: Animalia

Phylum: Arthropoda

Subphylum: Crustacea

Class: Malacostraca

Order: Decapoda

Infraorder: Anomura

Family: Hippidae

Genus: Emerita

Attachments

• conv_290856.jpg
    conv_290856.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 61

Opcn

GPO
Registered
Wild collected specimens would be awesome. Does anyone know what salinity these particular fiddlers come from? Or should I be e-mailing those who run the research station?

These guys were collected directly from the seashore, so whatever salinity level you get is just that. I'll have to check it the next time I go.
There are about six living in my support tank which has a 1.023 sg @ about 75 degrees celcius.
They seem to be doing well. I've recently read that one of the problems with this species being on the west coast is that they can tolerate wide fluctuations in water conditions and quality.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Check the rules for live fish food rather than live fish. I believe the rules are less stringent and I get my shrimp marked that way.

they came in and they are HUGE! A lot of them died, actually about 50% died during shipping but he shipped on a Saturday and Sunday was an unnecessary day in the box. the guy was more than willing to send more and hes got an unlimited supply! check out the pictures, these guys are 3x the size of the other ones i've been getting...

Attachments

• conv_290876.jpg
    conv_290876.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • conv_290877.jpg
    conv_290877.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 78

Latest Posts