New Jetta Pics

Hi deb
just remeber that she is much more nocturnal than a bimac so the hiding is totally normal. also she is adult and harder to aclimatise to you.

taking her den to bits probably doesnt help :?

yeah I know taking her den apart wasnt a good thing :frown: ( i had to get those shots :wink: ) but its been rebuilt and now she is shedding :o or i think she is, It looks like the skin off her tenticles are always floating around the tank. Is this normal? Also she is eating a full bay scallop every other day :smile: She also seems to still be inverted in the den. When she rebuilt the den she inclosed it :? and all i can see now is just a small opening on one side and her tenticles are always upside down. She is very active in there, always moving around. I dont know what she is doing but she seems happy.

Shedding the tentacles' covers is an almost everyday occurance, i forgot how messy briareus were with it :smile:

Ahhh, man she sheds alot!!!! she is still eating and i saw her last night out of the den sorta :? She came half way out and was exploring the LR and the Big Strawberry pot that is next to her den, but as soon as the flashlight came on back she went into the den :? Oh well having such a big girl has been such a treat. I just hope she is gravid and maybe babies soon. 8)

No, but she will still have you running about like an idiot! LOL :lol:

You will need to have at least one item of food per day per baby octopus!

ok i checked on her this morning, and she has stopped eating :cry: I found the last two days of food that i had given her pushed to the back behind her den :cry: :cry: Now she wont even look at me with food :cry: Poor baby.

make sure you get all that stuff out and have a carefull check when you do put food in that its being eaten.... better have a quick ammonia test just in case :bugout:

Ive gotten everything out and did a water change just in case and added carbon to the filter. I do have live crabs in the tank that have been in there since before she arrived, but she shows not interest in them. I offered her a fresh shrimp and after a while she took it into the den, no sign of it as of yet. Keeping a close eye on her :|

:? well i have been watching her all day, she pushed the shrimp out of the den :? I turned the lights off except for the moon light as to give her some peace alittle early today. She did come out and look at me for a while,,,, we just sat there looking at each other, then she moved back into the den :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I really hope she comes about :|

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back