New Ink Pictures!

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Hi everyone!

Here's acouple more new Pictures of Ink! He is really doing well! Still playing with the Lego. A new behavior with the lego is now he will let go once he grabs the lego and float around on it! He's heavy enough to bring it down some from the top without grabbing anything! Almost looks like he's diving cause the lego is heavy enough also to make him and the lego float in the middle of the tank!

Anyway, here they are! Note the poor fiddler crab!!! :smile:

Carol

Thanks everyone!!!

I really think Ink is getting used to the camera!!! Seems to like being bugged!! Actually I think my whole house is getting used to it!!!!

Ink was at the top of the tank messing with me again last night! I still am not sure about making physical contact!!!!

Carol :mrgreen:

You should find that one the octo has settled in for a week or so and is starting to explore for food at regular times that they are quite willing photography subjects...

sometimes hard to pick them out amongst the rocks though!

Yes, they don't mind being photographed. I was surprised that Ollie didn't even seem to mind the flash, although he sometimes blinks afterwards.

Good pics, Carol. How big is Ink now, in inches? (I know measuring an octopus is difficult because they stretch and contract so much!)

Nancy

Hi Nancy!

Thanks!!! Ink's mantle is 3" and his arm length is about 5 " to 6". (If I'm measuring right!!!) He was chasing my tape measure! Anyway, when I got him I know his mantle was about an inch. He is such a pig and also a ham! Camera doesn't phase him at all anymore!

He and the serpent star still wrestle over food. I have to give Ink his fill and then feed the star otherwise he steals all the stars food!!!!

And.....the green lego is still the TOY!!!!! :mrgreen:

Carol

Hi carol, has your serpent learned to stay next to the octo at all costs? Mine seeemed to figure this out quickly as where there is an octo there's food!

hi colin!

I think the serpent stays away from Ink cause Ink always steals his food! I noticed as soon as I put prawn in the water, the serpent is always the first to appear. Probably trying to get a head start before Ink realizes there's food! It's funny though, because for a creature that's so primitive, it senses immediately food has been put in the water.

Carol

Hi Carol,
Do you just drop the food in and both Ink and the serpent star find it? I've always used a feeding stick for Ollie and also used that stick to stuff food among the urchin's spines,

Nancy

Hi Nancy!

I just drop the prawn in. Never used a feeding stick. Ink and Serpent hunt for the frozen prawn! Ink feels everywhere with his legs, including the starfish and after he's grabbed everything he can find, then he retreats to eat it! If he's near the top of the tank, I hand feed him. Live food he hunts! Both of them always sense when I've added food to the tank, even if they're both out of sight!

Carol

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back