New Giant Squid documentary

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
Well, the latest giant squid documentary is finally airing, 3 times on Discovery Channel in August (5 [8pm, et], 6 [12am, et] and 19 [12pm, et]); I haven't seen it yet myself. Click here for further program details.

Ah, we've been waiting so long for this!
So what country are these times for? For the U.S.?
And did you have something to do with this documentary?

Nancy

This is all the US I think (not sure if it is airing over here (NZ)); yup, 4-entire days worth of filming (in other words, not a lot!).... and I think they only used footage from one of those days (working from the script that I've seen). They were an extremely hectic 4 days!

To put things in perspective, the last big one I did followed research for nearly a year!

... you might see a few changes in my 'physical appearance' from the last one, but I can attribute all-such changes to the agony caused by :twisted: (and to those relatively new to TONMO, :twisted: refers to Tintenfisch, aka Kat, aka the dark and dastardly one, aka fellow moderator, aka 'TONMO sweetheart', aka 'poison ivy').

Steve O'Shea said:
... you might see a few changes in my 'physical appearance' from the last one, but I can attribute all-such changes to the agony caused by :twisted: (and to those relatively new to TONMO, :twisted: refers to Tintenfisch, aka Kat, aka the dark and dastardly one, aka fellow moderator, aka 'TONMO sweetheart', aka 'poison ivy').

Kat? Our Kat??? How, vile sir, can you cast such aspersions on such a sweet, innocent, pure, angelic young lady? Fie on you! Fie, I say! :tongue:

You bet, for a girl who reeks of spermaceti, she is nothing short of fantabulous.

Yep. Fantabulous.

That was ~ 30 mins worth of filming, and the squid did all the acting. There's quite a bit more in this doco; it is most definitely about Dr Kubodera's work - you'll see some stunning stuff (I've seen the Japanese version).

Tako_Poke said:
You were in wild boyz??!? I have to see that! Does someone have the clip?

Yes indeed, I remember Steve telling us about Steve O and the squid dumped in his drive episode. Is there any chance of some kind soul hosting this on youtube please? I'd love to see this.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back