• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

New Flamboyant (tullbergi)

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
I forgot I had a standing order with a wholesaler for these guys, and one showed up the other day.
The shipment was delayed and the water temp when it arrived was 60 F. Cold. I thought everything was dead - the cuttle and 2 octos (prolly aculeatus) looked really bad. I did a medium slow acclimation to warm them up and to my surprise they started moving. Its about a week later and they are all doing well and eating and being cool.

I am a little sad I cant get a breeding group of these guys. While one is cool, breeding would be cooler.

This one may go on display at a work.

Anyhow, here is a pic:

Well, old. Quick senescence. Stopped eating two days ago, noticed some flesh missing yesterday morning on some arms, saw a bristle worm eating an arm without the cuttle caring, found it dead this morning.

Of the three I have had, not of them last for longer than a few months. All were large males, and all were too expensive.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back