New Chairs

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Well, the missus asked me to make some chairs for a new table we have...of course I agreed (you try saying no to her)...but I do get to add a personal touch to each one of the four...guess this would be the upper back piece to mine! :biggrin2:
Should have the first one finished in the next couple of days, so I will post another pic then...she wants faeries on hers. Go fig.
Greg

4-6 chairs...4 to start, and we will see how wiped out I am by that time! All that carving wreaks havoc on one's hands!
so far, we have the octopus, a faery chair, one with PT boats (obsession of mine also) and who knows what...
Boy. Wood has sure gotten expensive! :shock:
Thanks for all the positive feedback...I'll keep on sending in pics as they progress!
Greg

Hmm...in the sense of fair play, I will probably have to let her make up her mind on the fourth chair...( things go SOOOO much easier when she is happy !)
As long as it isn't fluffy bunnies or some-such, I will be ok...hehe..
Greg

Didn't you mention something about her being a Neil Diamond fan?Neil

Nice work, though. I can hardly wait to see the rest of 'em.

Don't even mention Neil Diamond !!!!! YIKES!!!!! As Dr. SOS would say :"crikey!" :lol:
I've been making furniture for a while now...it's a nice compliment to working in the studio, and gives me a chance to get my hands dirty (plus buy more tools...tools are fun...hehe...). I have been selling more and more pieces lately, you might be on to something Carol!
Once again, thanks for all the nice feedback all !! :smile:
Greg

cthulhu77 said:
Hmm...in the sense of fair play, I will probably have to let her make up her mind on the fourth chair...( things go SOOOO much easier when she is happy !)
As long as it isn't fluffy bunnies or some-such, I will be ok...hehe..
Greg

LOL sounds like you have been married twenty years already :smile:

Finally got the first one stained and applied the first three of seven coats of finish...lots more sanding and varnishing!
every piece is fitted mortise and tenon, with pegs to hold it all together...nice sturdy construction! :biggrin2:
Greg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back