New bimac

abdopus147

Blue Ring
Registered
Hey, TONMO I know I haven't been posting lately, but I've still been keeping up to date. Recently I have obtained a new Bimac, I have officially named him Nemo :smile:. I've had him for three months, he's in my new tank and so far everything has been great. He loves clams and likes crabs. I'll post pictures soon, he's about 10-12 inches.

abdopus147

Blue Ring
Registered
Hey tonmo I haven't got to post yet because I was gone for the weekend. Anyway, Nemo's been camera shy lately and has been eating when I am not home or not watching. Whenever I check up on his tank I find dead crab skeletons and empty clam shells. When I read about bimacs on tonmo for the first time they were listed as diurnal but mine is nocturnal. How could I change this? I feed him in the day time but he waits until night when I am too busy to watch him eat. I just want to see him eat, and that would mean in the day. He still comes out for hours exploring his tank at night but does not eat in front of me. He seems to shrink away whenever I see him. What could it be? There still isn't enough red light to take a good picture, I guess I will have to be patient until he makes a day exploration.
Thanks,
Cameron

abdopus147

Blue Ring
Registered
I self-caught him in a local lagoon, don't worry it isn't preserved or against any laws. I have caught one previously, you can probably look him up, Hachi. He was confirmed by, well... by me, but no one on Tonmo had any objections that it isn't a bimac. I am positive this one is a Bimac. He's just a little shy.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
We have had a couple of people mention nocturnal behavior the bimacs and Diego was out more at night than during the day. The more I keep the more I am not sure we know very much about octopus behavior :roll:

abdopus147

Blue Ring
Registered
Ya, I feel the same. From what I noticed from Hachi and what I now see from Nemo the more I realize their habits vary greatly. Hachi was nocturnal too. Hhhhhmmm, my, octopus are just a mystery:smile:. I'm still trying for the pictures.

abdopus147

Blue Ring
Registered
Finally, caught him, very unsocial.He's on a strict, no day time schedule for some reason.

Attachments

• conv_300332.jpg
    conv_300332.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 103