• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

New bimac octopus

Squidward1

Hatchling
Registered
I just got a bimac from @Tomh. Amazing and beautiful creature! I understand now why bimacs are considered the best pet octopus!! I have not thought of a name yet, any suggestions?

Attachments

• 7AC8374D-D7E4-4E2D-B7B2-AF70D1FF7E5D.jpeg
    7AC8374D-D7E4-4E2D-B7B2-AF70D1FF7E5D.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 241
I just got a bimac from @Tomh. Amazing and beautiful creature! I understand now why bimacs are considered the best pet octopus!! I have not thought of a name yet, any suggestions?
Very happy for you! Must be thrilling. I'm looking forward to hearing about him as often as you can post.😊 Sorry, i am rubbish at coming up with names, it usually takes me a while of living with new friend. I'm surre you will come up with something, i have seen some very inventive names on Tonmo. 😏

Update! I named him Davy Jones, the guy from Pirates of the Caribbean. He is super picky and has refused all frozen food I have tried (scallops, shrimp, silversides). He has eaten some live red claw crabs, but I am trying to find something he will eat other than that.

Congratulations on your new octopus! Davy Jones is a good name.
As for your quest for frozen food, some octopuses never get used to it. Try shrimp, good quality and as freshly thawed out as possible. I had to go to Whole Foods or a good fish store to find acceptable frozen food.

Nancy

Congratulations!! I have heard that bimacs are wonderful and now i get to watch this guy grow up and develop. I a looking forward to your videos when he is ready. Great name btw!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back