• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

New babies

Because I do not yet own a digital camera. Supposedly we're getting one as a belated wedding gift, but we're not holding our breath :smile:

Dan

Both Chubbs and Checkers are eating krill. Dan will feed them live shrimp in the morning, and then I thaw krill and feed them in the evening. More labor intensive as I often have to work the shrimp onto a stick and convince the cuttlefish that this is good food to eat. But now I have the routine down and I look forward to it. Our cuttles are getting used to food on a stick and sometimes will swim for it as soon as I put it in the tank. They haven't eaten the krill from my hand yet- I miss feeding them by hand, but maybe it'll come with time.

Checkers passed during the night.

rotj.jpg

Whereas Chubbs stopped eating suddenly, Checkers hasn't hunted for 4 or 5 days, and during that period would only take a couple bites of frozen krill when encouraged to do so. He had been just as active over the last week however perhaps a bit more easy to surprise. My parents were in town and disappointed they didn't get to see the feeding tentacle!

We're very happy with the experience of keeping cuttles, although I think we were expecting to have a little more time with them. We'll definately keep them again in the future, although I think we're going to get an octopus next.

Dan

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back