New Aquarium in Arizona !

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
I like the moss ;>). When I dabbled in painting instruction for my own enjoyment (read that no talent but I have a couple of things that work well in my house and enjoyed the classes for years), my instructor made a point of suggesting adding little things like bugs for people to find, maybe one of the previously mentioned centipedes would be cool or something even a little more sinister - escaped octo arm? scorpion?

OctoPussyAZ

Wonderpus
Registered
dwhatley;122585 said:
I like the moss ;>). ...my instructor made a point of suggesting adding little things like bugs for people to find, maybe one of the previously mentioned centipedes would be cool or something even a little more sinister - escaped octo arm? scorpion?

Funny, my instructor always advised the surreptitious addition of genitalia, or at the very least, skulls.

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
No vayaya's or skulls, but plenty of underpainting! Say hello to my newest co-worker, Rick Urlaub, seen here inside the Peacock Bass tank getting himself filthy and paint covered:

Peacock1.jpg

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Trees for the red eye tree frog tank, outside work for some aquariums, including one of the rim lake area from up north:

trees.jpg

tapingoff.jpg

painteddesert.jpg

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Will the bases (top picture) become full trees or will visitors only see the bottom section?

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
dwhatley;122793 said:
Will the bases (top picture) become full trees or will visitors only see the bottom section?

Only the bottom, along with 50' of vine and a ton of live plants...the tank is long and low...

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
two of the aquarists, Jeff and Grant:

AquaCrew.jpg

and Rick's progress in the large trout tank:

trouttank1.jpg

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Rick is usually covered in paint at the end of the day, but Jocelyn is coming along nicely too !

Jocelyn1.jpg

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Rick and Jocelyn are starting on the "drive through" aquarium today...this one is going to be spectacular !!!! (note: that is my extension ladder at full length...this is a big tank!)

zooflume.jpg

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Vicarious aquarium building could get addictive. I find I look for more Arizona aquarium post every night partially to see what "they don't come out" of next. Please keep up the great behind the scenes tour!

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
sorseress;123330 said:
It's really looking good, Greg. Don't you like your little giant?

I assume that the little giant is the folding ladder. Mine is somewhat different and a pain to fold and unfold but I can't count the number of ways I have used it :smile:

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Here's a pic of the flume tank, with Rick and Jocelyn professionally ignoring each other whilst painting things purple:

JRFlume.jpg

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Rick and Jocelyn have been very busy doing a frustrating job:

flume5.jpg