Nereus my 2nd O. Briarues

My computer is royally broken, so my posts may be far and in between. We're looking at getting it fixed sometime in October so I appaulogize in advance for my absances.

Thanks. I'll try to get it back up and running as soon as possible. Nereus is getting more and more diurnal. I threw a few live crabs I got from work into his tank last night, mainly for the stingray because they were about the size of a dime but were ignored so I'm hoping Nereus will eat them.

Just as an update, Nereus is eating about two whole pieces of thawed and peeled shrimp once in the morning before the lights come on and again in the evening right before the lights shut off. He's comeing out more on a crepescular(probably misspelled) schedule, but still has nice long evening strolls when the room is completely dark. The so called "eggs" that I saw attached to one of the rocks have been slowly increasing in numbers and several now appear to be empty. Also there are a bunch of new tiny critters bobbing, hopping, and crawling around the tank. And when I say tiny, I mean tiny, just larger than newly hatched brine. Nereus' extent of interaction thus far has been head bobbing and playing with the feeding rod. He acknowledges my presence by darkening of the eyes and head bobbing but not much more. I've plans to minimize the over all day light inside the tank. Hopefully this will help coax him out during the day.

While at the store today I decided to look at a few lights to see if I could find some nice dim ones for my 250 so that I could view Nereus at night. There were two that I was considering, but I decided to go with a 24" black light. After pluging it in, I found that this light was barely strong enough to illuminate the tank. I'm still able to see the rocks and things so I'm hoping this is dim enough to view Nereus and not too bright to keep him hidden. If it works than I'll probably go back for a few more.

I placed a towel in front of the light due to brightness it was casting into the room at eye level. Once I did this the tank immediatly illuminated a deeper blue. So I left the lights off and sure enough, a little while later Nereus was in the same corner as the light just chilling and was clearly visible with the black light. I'll have to get another one to cover the other side of the tank. Chalk one up to cheap inovations from Walmart. lol

Here are a few pictures/videos that I've taken over the past few weeks since my computer broke. I'm using my wife's computer now.

Attachments

• conv_296926.jpg
    conv_296926.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 89
  • conv_296927.jpg
    conv_296927.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 95
  • conv_296928.jpg
    conv_296928.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 101
  • conv_296929.jpg
    conv_296929.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 102
These videos and images are randomly loaded and in no a time line.

Attachments

• conv_296930.jpg
    conv_296930.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 101
  • conv_296931.jpg
    conv_296931.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 133
  • conv_296932.jpg
    conv_296932.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 112
  • conv_296933.jpg
    conv_296933.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 102

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back