Nereus my 2nd O. Briarues

I added more rock the other day to Nereus' tank. Now he's constantly moving from one hiding place to another. I'm still not sure how I'm going to lay out the rocks. Right now I have them kind of strewn about the center. I haven't really had time to commit to structering them. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a better idea and some time to do this. Nereus really seems to enjoy the increase in rocks.

Nereus is doing better. His appetite has increased and he's become more aggressive at feeding times. He's still primarily nocturnal, but does move around quite a bit when only one light is left on in the evening. Of course he stays behind the rocks but as large as he is, you can still see him.

Great news. I finally found my camera. It has been misplaced since we came back from Rockport. I'll try to get some updated pictures and/or videos of Nereus soon. I just turned off the lights a little while ago so he should be out and about shortly

Well the videos I took of my other octopus are taking too long to down load, so I wont be posting any of Nereus right now. I'll try to get something either tonight or in the morning and post it after I get home from work.

Here's Nereus after his evening feeding. I have the video of feeding him loading now. I'll post it later when it's finished.

Attachments

• conv_297086.jpg
    conv_297086.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 98
Just a short update. Nereus doesn't move around much that I can tell. I know that he does because every so often he's in a different spot. Lately though he's been staying in the exact same spot in the exact same potition. He's still eating fine though.

Today I'm doing my regular water change ang maintainence and I realized that I have the supplies to hide all mechanical parts to my tank. The SCWD still isn't working properly so until I get it running I'll be using two seperate pumps on two seperate return lines.

Bad news. After I finished with the tank the new pump I just bought stoped working. I called the LFS where I got it from and they said to bring it in and they'll take a look at it and if they can't fix it they'll replace it. So for now I have a back up pump running until I get it fixed or replaced.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back