• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

need info on New cuttlefish

the differance in eyes, if I'm correct is that while Sepia Officinalis has just w-shaped pupils, the pupils of S. Bandensis look like a w with a bar across the top, like this:

. . . . . . . . .
. . . .
. . . .

sorry for my pitiful attempt at a quick drawing....hope it helps.

i got some good eye pics hld on while i update them

Attachments

• conv_289152.jpg
    conv_289152.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 117
  • conv_289153.jpg
    conv_289153.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 117
  • conv_289154.jpg
    conv_289154.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 100
whoops...that failed, horribly....anyway, even if the attempted diagram wasn't usefull (which it probably wasn't...), I hope the rest did...

certainly by the size. a full-grown, adult bandensis will be 2-4 inches *I think*, whereas officinalis may get up to 18 inches. Also, although this may just be me, the connection between the mantle and head appears more abrupt in bandensis. there are also probably behaviour differances that I wouldn't know about, as I haven't had the good fortune to keep either.

the problem with that is is that mines about 2-3 in. ( the whole thing from mantle to tenticles) so i cnt tell but everyones pretty sure its a bandisis so if you have any good info on bandesis care or any tips at all please dont hesitate to post it ( p.s. thanks for all the help given so far:smile:)

actualy hes doin pritty good, he is very social and eats killes from my local bait store ( about 2 a day) whenever i turn the light on he sees his reflection and goes after it which entertains him for a good amount of time. im still not 100% sure of the breed

also i dont got a storage tank so i got about 7 killies in the tank with him

i on but the bait store dun hget any crab in until late summer early fall and the water in my where i would get the shrimp is FILTHY

any ideas on what i should do????

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back