need an ID!

sedna

Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
All right, I've had him/her for a couple of days now and got a couple of shots good enough to post for an id. It seems bigger than Al (an aculeatus) but very similar in patterning and coloration. It was very shy at first but is warming up. I will start a journal after I get an ID and a name...

Attachments

• conv_303415.jpg
    conv_303415.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 297
  • conv_303416.jpg
    conv_303416.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 123
Animal Mother;125203 said:
do any of the Abdopus group get that big?

Mucktopus has said that there a quit a few in the Abdopus group and that they are difficult to identify but Norman is too old to use the Abdopus naming (He uses the term horridus species complex that seems to be the group now called Abdopus).

The mantle size on Sedna's rules out a lot of the ones where I find the eye star (Including the Northern Star-eye, kagoshimensis pg 229) so I am very glad she does not see an eye-spot but this description mentions that it is not always visible and I keep seeing a shadow where the eye spot should be ...

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back