• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Need a refresh :)

bluezombie

Blue Ring
Registered
Hey everyone... It's been a long while, and some of you may remember I've always wanted to have a pet octopus, but I never got around to it simply because I didn't trust myself in terms of responsibility. However, now I think I'm ready.

I managed to snag a 50 gallon tank for 50 bucks at a local pet store, so I just want to know again, what will I need material-wise, and how to prepare to plop in a new friend?

Thank you!

Also, I was thinking of getting a Bimac, my local store only sells blue rings, and they're rather expensive (around 90 bucks each)

Where could I get a bimac?

No one's had Bimacs available for a while now. O. hummellincki is fairly similar and tropical.

If the tank isn't drilled I would just invest in a good HOB skimmer and 60-70lbs of live rock.

bluezombie

Blue Ring
Registered
Animal Mother;126562 said:
No one's had Bimacs available for a while now. O. hummellincki is fairly similar and tropical.

If the tank isn't drilled I would just invest in a good HOB skimmer and 60-70lbs of live rock.

How much should one of these 'Hummellincki' go for?

And do they live an average of 9 months also?