• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Nautilus

This is the second or third time that I have been to this LFS in the last month or two that they've had nautiluses in for $100 each. They aren't the same ones either, different everytime, they also have octopuses in quite often. I would like to send them an e-mail requesting that they stop this as I doubt the people receiveing the animals are going to provide good care to them. They are telling people that they are very easy to care for, can be kept in a reef with a chiller, but should not be kept with inverts and that they are eating from your hand. Can someone please draft an e-mail to them requesting that they stop or help me write one. I would do it on my own, but don't know a whole lot about this species and it's requirements.

hmm....sad!

I would like to know where they are getting their nautilus stock from. Because I have my usual vendors scouring the entire South Pacific for research animals and they are coming up blank every week.....

Not fair!

Anyway...

Do you know if the others that they have had were sold, or died? If they are selling I think it will be quite tough to convince the store to stop stocking them, unless they are inclined to put the welfare of the animal before their profit margin. Have you talked to them previously? Perhaps if they won't stop getting them in, they might be convinced to give a nautilus care sheet out to buyers? If you think an email might be helpful, I am sure many people here could provide suggestions.

esquid;117707 said:
what what?

The June, 2007 issue of Tropical Fish Hobbyist, with articles by Nancy, Colin, Cuttlegirl, Corw314, Zyan Silver, gjbarord, and marinebio_guy. I think there's a plan to put the articles, or at least some of them, online at some point, but I encourage people to track down a print copy to show the magazine that there is interest in ceph husbandry.

that issue was the best ever..........when i get a new one every month, i check the whole thing for articles on cephs, usually with no results. but when that one came, it was like cthuluhu smiled down on his cephaloholic followers............

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back