• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

nautilus

cuttlegirl;139986 said:
I have had experience with Nautilus, I worked in a laboratory in Hawaii with a professor who studied Nautilus embryology. What is your experience with Nautilus?
to make it short i had one

I've kept quite few of them for research projects. Did yours eat the shrimp you gave it twice a day? I usually fed mine one whole shrimp every three to four days - I found that more frequent feeding seemed to result is the soft tissue growing too fast for the shell to grow with the correct thickness to keep up. Did yours grow noticeably in the time you had it? How long did you keep yours?

robyn;139994 said:
I've kept quite few of them for research projects. Did yours eat the shrimp you gave it twice a day? I usually fed mine one whole shrimp every three to four days - I found that more frequent feeding seemed to result is the soft tissue growing too fast for the shell to grow with the correct thickness to keep up. Did yours grow noticeably in the time you had it? How long did you keep yours?

i usually fed mine silversides once a day somtimes twice and i didnt notice change

I know - I just can't resist a nautilus thread.... :smile:

Actually I am hoping to get a slug/cephalopod comparative project going so I can spend more time with the really cool molluscs. I hope it works out, I miss cephs.

Hello, I am sort of new in TONMO, I have no idea on how to start a new thread so I am just posting here and hopefully some one can give me some advice.
I am wondering if anyone has seen a degeneration on Nautilus mantle, practically the tissue lose its color and texture and starting to look very white and sometimes fluffy, I have done scrapes and only found 3 pear like shape protozoans but there weren't very motile. As well, is there anyone here that has hear about doing fresh water baths on nautilus as a treatment for this?? Any help in the matter will be highly appreciated. Thank you very much

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back