• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Nautilus on Ebay...

It almost looks like they are trying to get attention and not really sell it. The price is $300 but the shipping is an extra $175. Feedback shows 100% but none of it is for selling anything - very strange.

And then, somebody should check with Alex Kirstitch to see if this person has his approval to use this COPYRIGHTED photo of a nautilus! Reporting these auctions rarely does any good, but I've seen a few removed when enough people complained.

JHemdal

jhemdal;103940 said:
And then, somebody should check with Alex Kirstitch to see if this person has his approval to use this COPYRIGHTED photo of a nautilus! Reporting these auctions rarely does any good, but I've seen a few removed when enough people complained.

JHemdal

There was an octopus on ebay not too long ago that some members reported and it got taken off.

The auction ended (timed out with no bid) and it got re-listed at a much lower price: 220167839707

As I said, I generally find EBay unresponsive to problematic auctions. There are a slew of bogus fossils and eygptian artifacts on EBay that end up selling for hundreds of dollars when their real world value is under $10. They even protect these crooks by blocking anyone's attempts to warn the bidders. Caveat Emptor prevails there. For the most part, except for small items, I use EBay to SELL not to BUY!

JHemdal

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back