Nautilus on Ebay...

:banghead::banghead::banghead: It's still available... at least they changed the picture. I think we need more people to report this to ebay, it is still not allowed according to ebay rules...

jhemdal

Cuttlefish
Registered
The auction ended (timed out with no bid) and it got re-listed at a much lower price: 220167839707

As I said, I generally find EBay unresponsive to problematic auctions. There are a slew of bogus fossils and eygptian artifacts on EBay that end up selling for hundreds of dollars when their real world value is under $10. They even protect these crooks by blocking anyone's attempts to warn the bidders. Caveat Emptor prevails there. For the most part, except for small items, I use EBay to SELL not to BUY!

JHemdal

Got an answer back for my questions:

We saved these beautiful creature from a salvage diver who pulled him from the deep. We paid $450 to make sure this creature had a chance at survival.

We are very new to the Internet/Ebay situation and have only an interest in recouping some of our money and giving back a rare and beautiful creature to the marine community.

If you would be so kind as to provide us a "care sheet" of sorts, we would be more that happy to put it up our auction page.

Again, we are new to this Ebay situation and only put up this auction on advice from local marine enthusiasts. We are in NO WAY looking to exploit this creature. We just want to find it a home in capable hands.

We're doing are best :/

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the message. Please message back after reading this.

-Scott

So, if anyone can send this person a "care sheet" on a Nautilus...

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
Thales;104311 said:
I don't think I buy that story. Thats soooooo expensive for a Nautilus.

Yeah, the NRCC charges $190 or $240 for animals with a known history:

http://www.utmb.edu/nrcc/PRICES.html

of course, they only sell to research and educational institutions, but it's not clear that "fly by night nautilus dealers on ebay" should be justified in charging more than the NRCC's professionally validated animals.

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
They aren't justified at all. It feels to me like they are trying to make money because, sadly, in the hobby Nautilus are often less expensive than NRCC prices.