Nautilus for sale on eBay??!!

Well he may not be a saint but I still say this rogue seller is not worse than the whole ocean raping industry as a whole....
course they get to sell thru wholesalers and lfs.
So much stuff dies in this industry... serious hey.
so bloody much...

Unfortunatly there isnt that much that can be done. At least he replied, perhaps providing him with some info on the reccomended tank size and chiller(necessity!!) for keeping a nautalis, could help. I dont know if I can sign up for ebay, I might try and email him.

I feel bad when I sell a customer a tank bred damsel and it dies before getting a chance to become a savage bully.
But dam have I sent some animals to their death.
Customers lie about their experience, others are over confident and some just don't care about the whole 'Like an animal, so put it in a glass box.... where sooner or later that animal will die... because you liked it and put it in a box' paradox.
But there is a huge market for new things to put in marine tanks. Sustainable or not, people will exploit this. I'm one of them but I really do try buy captive bred, my customers usually want wild caught.. which is cool as we are mostly a freshwater shop, and our competition focus's on salt. Works out well.
Most the really amazing stuff is still wild caught... and if people arent breeding them then the fact they may live longer in one persons tank as opposed to another is kinda a moot point.
I like to think I breed more fish than I kill.... not going to stop and count just incase I'm wrong though. Try keep the whole karmic ballance in check....
Thing is, if fish shops around here got the chance to try sell nautilis they would leap at it and to a man they'd kill them all.
public loves weird stuff, and they can be very cruel in how they get it.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back