Nanocon!

They where trying to tell us something, apparently a little boy had fallen down a well, threequarters of an hour on horseback out towards Salem...

Thanks to the cuttlefish, we got there just in time!

It could also have been they where trying to tell us about a boy who got trapped in a deserted mine, in the third valley on the left towards Framingham. That one ended in tears, I'm afraid; I was never good at the subtleties of pair number one.

Just catching up here. Bubble tea? UGH! Boba - not Fett mind you - is the nastiest substance known to mankind. Truly hideous. Back in Los Angeles, it spread out of the Asian neighborhoods like, well, a shoggoth. Nasty. Like blobs of snot in a straw. In LA they drink it in fruit juices as well. Why does anybody - how can anybody like this?:yuck::yuck::yuck:

I had crickets, deep fried, near Teotihuacan, with some lovely roasted ants' eggs as an accompaniment. Truly delicious,....., compared to boba!

I still like Jill and Melissa, although they really stretched the envelope, there :wink:

Next con up, Arizona?

Actually, the mole topping the crickets was truly wonderful. Part of the problem was the fact that those of us in the Silverlake Dinner Club didn't realize that the true method for eating them was similar to the proper way to eat crayfish in Creole country. Suck 'em clean. We, being gabachos, were crunching the entire exoskeleton while the busboys and dishwashers pointed and laughed.

erich orser;101345 said:
Actually, the mole topping the crickets was truly wonderful. Part of the problem was the fact that those of us in the Silverlake Dinner Club didn't realize that the true method for eating them was similar to the proper way to eat crayfish in Creole country. Suck 'em clean. We, being gabachos, were crunching the entire exoskeleton while the busboys and dishwashers pointed and laughed.

well, the true method involves beak, cephalotoxin, and radula, but us inefficient vertebrates are constrained by our inefficient anatomies...

Dover nanocon!

Last week, Phil and myself where present in the lovely coastal town of Dover sur la Manche in the South East of England. This, with a sole purpose in mind: to conduct a five minute token cephalopod discussion, followed by as many hours of concentrated real ale sampling :beer:

Rest assured, we were absolutely able to stick to most of this new year's resolution, but I fear that we also were able to expand those five minutes in almost Einsteinian fashion to fill up all the gaps between most samplings, however frequent they turned out to be...

For your envious interest, I have included two fine scenes from last Wednesday's event. One is an original Eyden, chalk on blackboard, of a Martian tripod vapourising an unsuspecting snowman on Horsell Common, adorned with an often misquoted passage from H.G. Wells' classic story.

The second is obviously that of the two culprits in what would later be called "the pool incident".

We both, however, deny all involvement with regards to the latter!

We did have a great time, however; we all should do this more often :smile:

In Olaf's (ob's) continuing world tour, I shared a few beers with him and his friend Pete in Ventura today, followed by sushi with Pete's wife Kim and her friend Carrie and their kids, showing off of the Kondakovia beak I'd brought from TonmoCon2, allowing Olaf to satisfy an urge to drive an American muscle car (if only briefly), and a bit of playing "Rock Band," which proved that I couldn't be a drummer, but can be a passable singer (but pale in comparison to Olaf). I forgot my camera, but Olaf has photographic evidence on his camera which will no doubt be forthcoming...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back